ajena's kitchen's Note:
At our house we love healthy food! The only requirement is that it also has to have taste , as well as being healthy. Who wants to eat healthy, if it tastes like cardboard? If you love mexican food, you are going to like these burgers!! Perfectly seasoned and great for healthy grilling. This recipe was found in an issue of First magazine. Makes 4 burgers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 lb sliced white fresh button mushroom
- 1/4 cup healthy breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon mccormicks McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese, we use shredded soy cheese (optional)
- 1Heat grill or broiler.
- 2In skillet cook sliced mushrooms in one tablespoon canola oil for 6 minutes.
- 3In bowl, combine cooked mushrooms, black beans,chopped onions,bread crumbs, fresh cilantro,chopped chipotle in adobo, cumin, and Montreal steak seasoning. Form into 4 patties.
- 4Place on greased grill or broiler rack.
- 5Grill 4 minutes, turning once.
- 6Top with 1 cup shredded mexican cheese, divided. ( or 1 cup Shredded soy cheese)and 1/2 cup salsa.
- 7Cook one minute. Serve on toasted multi grain.
- 8hamburger buns or multi grain bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chipotle Mexican Black Bean Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.8
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 52.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning