When I made this my Husband kept saying Dam this is good. This is my own recipe for green salsa chicken. I used Tomatillo Salsa that I make, But, you can use any green salsa.
- Pound chicken breast (between 2 pieces plastic).
- Put oil in skillet,Brown chicken on both sides.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken into casserole dish.
- In same skillet put chicken broth and sour cream mix together and heat.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Spoon salsa over chicken.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
We loved this! I used 5 breast to have 1 leftover for Dh's lunch but he ended up eating 3 servings! My grocery doesn't sale green salsa so I used green enchilada sauce. I didn't flatten the chicken and sprinkled with garlic and onion powder before browning instead of salt. I used sharp cheddar/jack combination. Will definatly become a regular on my menue
What a great find. Made this last night and it was a hit. First, so easy to put together and the results were fantastic. A new favorite in our house. I served it over rice, as suggested. DH wanted to make sure to get the leftovers in his lunch today. Thanks Barb!
Oh yummy, yummy, yummy! I made white rice and served the sauce on top. DS15 was making faces about the "green things", but after he tasted he was licking his lips! The next time I make this, the only change I make will be after I serve it to cut up my chicken and put on more sauce. Thanks so much for sharing!