Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A cross between a Green curry and a white chili, this recipe can be made with Salmon or chicken.
Make and share this Green Salmon (Or Chicken) Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dried garbanzo beans, soaked, cooked
- 1 lb great northern bean, soaked, cooked
- 6 poblano peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 6 anaheim chilies, seeded, thinly sliced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches scallions, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- 10 Thai eggplants, halved
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 lbs summer squash, large dice
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch parsley sprig
- 2 -3 lbs salmon fillets
- In a large pot, cook crushed garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Add very thinly sliced peppers and 3/4 of the green onions, cover, and let cook in own juices for 11 minutes.
- Add coriander, curry powder, coconut milk, chicken stock and summer squash to mix and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Make a thickener by blending 1 cup of the cooked peppers and onions, 2 cups of reserved beans, 1 cups of squash with 1 cup of chicken stock. Return to pot.
- Add eggplant, and simmer for 5 minutes.more. Salmon may be cooked separately in a 12" skillet, on top of a bed of thin lemon slices and parsley stalks with 1/2 cup water. Bring water to a simmer, then lower heat to lowest setting, and cover for 15 to 20 minutes, until internal temp of 125-130 deg F is reached. Or, cut thin salmon pieces no wider than 1/2 inch, and place in soup bowl on top of hot beans and peppers, cover with hot stock. Salmon will cook in broth.
- For an alternative to Salmon use 3 lbs of chicken breast. Simmer chicken breasts, with breast bone, in stock for 20 minutes (in steps above) until an internal temperature of 160 deg, is reached. Hand shred breast meat and return to stock.
- Finish with fresh lime juice, reserved green onion and chopped cilantro. For a spicier dish, also garnish sliced fresh Jalapeño.