1 hr 5 mins
Chef #1228626's Note:
A cross between a Green curry and a white chili, this recipe can be made with Salmon or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dried garbanzo beans, soaked, cooked
- 1 lb great northern bean, soaked, cooked
- 6 poblano peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 6 anaheim chilies, seeded, thinly sliced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches scallions, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- 10 Thai eggplants, halved
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 lbs summer squash, large dice
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch parsley sprig
- 2 -3 lbs salmon fillets
- 1In a large pot, cook crushed garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Add very thinly sliced peppers and 3/4 of the green onions, cover, and let cook in own juices for 11 minutes.
- 2Add coriander, curry powder, coconut milk, chicken stock and summer squash to mix and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Make a thickener by blending 1 cup of the cooked peppers and onions, 2 cups of reserved beans, 1 cups of squash with 1 cup of chicken stock. Return to pot.
- 4Add eggplant, and simmer for 5 minutes.more. Salmon may be cooked separately in a 12" skillet, on top of a bed of thin lemon slices and parsley stalks with 1/2 cup water. Bring water to a simmer, then lower heat to lowest setting, and cover for 15 to 20 minutes, until internal temp of 125-130 deg F is reached. Or, cut thin salmon pieces no wider than 1/2 inch, and place in soup bowl on top of hot beans and peppers, cover with hot stock. Salmon will cook in broth.
- 5For an alternative to Salmon use 3 lbs of chicken breast. Simmer chicken breasts, with breast bone, in stock for 20 minutes (in steps above) until an internal temperature of 160 deg, is reached. Hand shred breast meat and return to stock.
- 6Finish with fresh lime juice, reserved green onion and chopped cilantro. For a spicier dish, also garnish sliced fresh Jalapeño.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Salmon (Or Chicken) Chili
Serving Size: 1 (601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 134.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.7 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 38.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: