Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick way to make shrimp. Use a hot or mild chile.
Make and share this Green Lime Shrimp - Mexico recipe from Food.com.
- 6 jumbo shrimp
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1⁄2 fresh chili pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Clean and devein the shrimp.
- Melt the butter with the onion, chile, salt and pepper over a medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook one minute.
- Add the lime slices, fry for other few minutes and take them off the flame.
- Add the sour cream and serve with rice.
Nice taste, like the non creamy sauces for lime shrimp better, but that's only my personal opinion. These were good though.
Delicious! Doubled the recipe--- used one Anaheim chili pepper and MarraMamba's lime crema. Finished with a sprinkling of freshly minced cilantro. Superb with a margarita! Thanks Mme Melissa!
Amazingly good flavor with so little effort. I made this as a main course so used 1lb of medium shrimp, 1 whole pepper, 3 tbs butter, 1/3 cup onions and a bit less than a cup of light sour cream. Whole family loved it and the lime slices made for a very nice presentation. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT3