Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another south of the border favorite side dish to serve with your next mexican fiesta.
Make and share this Green Chili Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine rice, broth, chilies, onion, oregano, salt and cumin in a large saucepan.
- Bring to boil, uncovered.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 20 minutes)
- Stir in green onions and cilantro.
Outstanding. The cumin and cilantro make this dish sing. I served this as a side dish with Chicken Enchiladas. My compliments to you Karen for a wonderful Mexican side dish.
Really nice side dish to compliment a mexican meal. But a tasty rice dish on it's own as well. Very nice blend of flavors. A much welcome alternative to traditional spanish rice! A keeper for sure!
Great rice; spicy and flavourful. I omitted cumin (because I didn't have it) and I added more salt. I was cooking this for my a few friends in the dorm lounge; by the time I was done, a throng of hungry roomates were ready to dig in. Thank you for the recipe!