1/2 Photos of Green Chile Bean Tostada Pie
Taco meat layered on crispy corn tortillas with green chile bean sauce and cheese
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 whole green chilies, with seeds (I used fresh and broiled and removed the skins)
- 1 (8 ounce) can white kidney beans (pinto beans, pink beans, canelli beans)
- 1 -2 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk, for thinning (cream, half and half)
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 10 corn tortillas (or more depending on dish and amount of layers)
- oil for lightly frying tortilla
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (optional- I just like it on all my meat lol)
- 1For the Green Chile Bean Sauce.
- 2Place the chilies in a blender and add the can of beans.
- 3Add salt to taste and 1 tablespoon of milk and blend on high.
- 4The sauce should be creamy but still a little thick. Add more milk if needed for thinning.
- 5For the Tostadas:.
- 6Light fry up the tortillas in a little bit of oil until they are sightly crunchy.
- 7Brown the turkey meat according to taco seasoning directions; add Worcestershire sauce if desired.
- 8Pour into a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes then mix in the cheddar cheese (add onion, cilantro, green onions, corn anything you like to the mix).
- 9Take your casserole dish and pour some of the sauce just enough to cover the bottom of the dish.
- 10Place the corn tortillas on top to cover all edges like you would lasagna (cut some in half if you need to fill the corners).
- 11Layer some meat to cover up the corn tortillas.
- 12Sprinkle some Monterey jack cheese on top.
- 13Add another layer of tortillas.
- 14Then add another coating of Green Bean Chile sauce.
- 15Add the remaining cheese and dot the rest of the meat on top.
- 16Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes til bubbly.
- 17Allow to cool
- 18Cut and serve with your favorite toppings (sour cream, guacamole, salsa, salad, etc.).
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chile Bean Tostada Pie
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.9
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 129.8 mg
- Sodium 628.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 37.6 g