Chicken stuffed with cheese and chiles.
Make and share this Green Chile Baked Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Cut chicken breasts in half; bone and remove skin. Place waxed paper over each chicken breast and flatten to about 1/4 inch thick, using a meat mallet.
- Drain, rinse and remove seeds from the canned chiles. Cut chiles and the Jack cheese into 8 pieces. Put a piece of chili and a slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Tuck in sides and roll.
- In a shallow bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, chili powder, garlic salt, cumin, lemon-pepper seasoning, and the dry bread crumbs. Blend well. In another shallow bowl place the melted margarine.
- Dip each rolled chicken breast carefully into the melted margarine then into crumb-cheese mixture. Place, seam-side down, in a 9 × 13-inch baking pan; keep chicken breasts from touching. Drizzle with remaining margarine.
- Refrigerate, covered with foil, 30-45 minutes (this is a very important step!). Bake, uncovered, in preheated 400-degree oven for 25 minutes.