1/1 Photo of Green Chile Baked Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
Vicki in CT's Note:
Chicken stuffed with cheese and chiles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken breasts in half; bone and remove skin. Place waxed paper over each chicken breast and flatten to about 1/4 inch thick, using a meat mallet.
- 2Drain, rinse and remove seeds from the canned chiles. Cut chiles and the Jack cheese into 8 pieces. Put a piece of chili and a slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Tuck in sides and roll.
- 3In a shallow bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, chili powder, garlic salt, cumin, lemon-pepper seasoning, and the dry bread crumbs. Blend well. In another shallow bowl place the melted margarine.
- 4Dip each rolled chicken breast carefully into the melted margarine then into crumb-cheese mixture. Place, seam-side down, in a 9 × 13-inch baking pan; keep chicken breasts from touching. Drizzle with remaining margarine.
- 5Refrigerate, covered with foil, 30-45 minutes (this is a very important step!). Bake, uncovered, in preheated 400-degree oven for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chile Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.7
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 82.4 mg
- Sodium 435.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: