Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my favorite enchilada recipes. Very simple too! Found it on the back of a cheese package last year : ) Use corn or flour tortillas. I usually make some of each. The corn ones seem "hold up" better to baking and reheating, while the flour ones get a little mushy when reheated the next day.
- Combine chopped artichoke hearts, undrained chiles, chicken, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and about 5 or 6 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce in a bowl.
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray and put a little of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Warm tortillas in microwave so they don't break when you roll them.
- Fill each tortilla with some of the artichoke/chicken mixture, wrap and place seam side down in casserole dish.
- Cover with remaining sauce, top with remaining cheese and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Serve with sour cream.
Interesting flavor combination. We used flour tortillas which I think made them a bit rich. Overall nice recipe, thank you :)
I'm giving this five stars for a really good unique flavor combined with the ease in preparation. I doubled everything and topped with green taco sauce when I ran out of the green enchilada sauce too soon. Yummy!!