1/1 Photo of Garlicky Shrimp-Cilantro Tacos (Tacos De Camarones Al Mojo De Aj
This is party food from the Cinco de Mayo Party article in Sunset magazine. Recipe courtesy Thomas Schnetz the owner of a popular Oakland restaurant. If you like garlic, and you like shrimp, you'll love this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 -3 serrano chilies, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled, deveined, and halved lengthwise (21-25 per lb.)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- kosher salt
- 16 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add onions and chilies and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Pour vegetables into a bowl and set aside.
- 2Melt butter in same frying pan over medium-high heat, add garlic, and stir until sizzling, about 1 minute.
- 3Add half of shrimp to pan. Stir until shrimp are bright pink and no longer wet looking in thickest part (cut to test), about 3-5 minutes; transfer shrimp to bowl with reserved vegetables.
- 4Add remaining shrimp to pan and cook as above, then return cooked shrimp and vegetables to a pan and stir everything together until hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Add cilantro and salt to taste.
- 5Serve shrimp in a large bowl with tortillas accompanied by lime wedges to squeeze over the top.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Shrimp-Cilantro Tacos (Tacos De Camarones Al Mojo De Aj
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.4
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 291.3 mg
- Sodium 383.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 33.3 g