Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Every Day with Rachael Ray" magazine. The recipe states that you can prepare this recipe up to the baking step, wrap tightly, and freeze.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups store-bought salsa verde
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until just golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in the beans and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the chicken broth. Season with salt and cook, mashing the beans, until softened, about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with paper towels. In a small skillet, heat the remaining 1/2 cup oil. Fry each corn tortilla for 3 seconds on each side, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet to drain.
- Place about 1/4 cup mashed beans on 1 tortilla and roll up to enclose; transfer to an oiled 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Repeat with the remaining beans and tortillas.
- Pour the salsa over the filled tortillas. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake until the cheese is melted and the salsa is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
I made these a long time ago and they were delicious! My husband (a meat lover) and I (a vegetarian) both loved them and I am making them again this week!