1/2 Photos of Frijoles Rancheros (Ranch Style Beans)
Phat Mama's Note:
An incredibly tasty, inexpensive, quick dish to make. My Honduran mother-in-law makes this when we visit. I can't get enough of it. You can add or subtract ingredients (more bacon, less onion) according to your taste. And, it freezes well. We like to eat it with rice and tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat pinto beans and water in saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Chop and cook bacon in large skillet until crispy.
- 3Add onion and cook 5 minutes or until soft.
- 4Add tomatoes, cilantro, and Rotel tomatoes. Heat through.
- 5Add pinto beans and water. Heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Serve with rice and tortillas.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frijoles Rancheros (Ranch Style Beans)
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.0
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 770.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 25.0 g