1 hr 10 mins
Samantha in Ut's Note:
I love serving this with mexican food because it isn't your normal guacamole. It is super easy to make and taste so fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, from about 3 limes
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, from about 3 limes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- coarse salt
- 1 jalapeno chile, chopped (seeds and ribs removed, if desired)
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro leaf
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 avocados, about 8 ounces each, thinly sliced
- 1In a small bowl, combine onion with 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt; toss to combine. Let lime-marinated onion sit at room temperature until it softens and brightens in color, about 1 hour (up to 1 day, covered and refrigerated).
- 2Make dressing: In a blender, combine remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar; season generously with salt. Blend until smooth. With the motor running, add oil in a steady stream through the feeder opening until incorporated.
- 3Just before serving, slice avocados; arrange on a serving plate. Top with onion; drizzle with dressing.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g