1/6 Photos of Fit for a Queen Avocado Salsa!
Yes, even royalty loves salsa! This is a lovely dish put together by the Epicurean Queens. We each ordained a royal ingredient to make this an epicurean delight! Each member of our team represents an ingredient in the recipe: Scarlett - peppers because she can be firey or sweet__ Sharon123 - avocados because she grew up in South Florida where they grow and she loves them!__ BakinBaby - salt and pepper because it's the color of her hair(sometimes!) cookiedog - lemon juice becauses she's tart!__ LifeisGood - corn because she can be corny__ Paula - cumin because she's from the southwest-Texas__ jellyko - Mexican oregano becausse she loves Mexican food__ Sarah in New York -parsley/cilantro because it's green and she's Irish!__ CaliforniaJan - tomatoes because after loosing almost 60 pounds in the last 8 months I'm one HOT tomato!! __ CarolAT - garlic cloves because I like to "kick it up a notch".
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced (optional for those who don't care for tomatoes-see note in directions)
- 1/2 cup corn kernel (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (or use green onions)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 slices green chili peppers, chopped (optional-use more or less depending on heat desired)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped (or cilantro)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ripe avocados, diced
- 1In a large bowl mix tomatoes, corn, olives, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, green chile peppers and parsley.
- 2In a small bowl mix olive oil, lemon juice, vinegars, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Pour into the tomato/corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 4 hours, or overnight if desired.
- 3Just before serving, stir in avocados and toss. Serve with chips, crackers, bread, or toasted pita bread! Enjoy!
- 5If you wish to omit the tomatoes, just use 1/2 more cup of the corn instead.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fit for a Queen Avocado Salsa!
Serving Size: 1 (1528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.2
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 437.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green chili peppers