Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Layered Taco Salad Recipe from Festival Foods, a grocery store here in Green Bay. This was featured on the local morning news show.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups picante sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- tortilla chips
- Prepare meat and taco seasoning according to package instructions. Chill.
- In a large clear bowl, layer salad greens, corn, kidney beans, picante sauce, green onions, Monterey Jack cheese and cooled taco meat mixture.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, chili powder and hot sauce. Carefully spread over salad. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Garnish with tomatoes and olives. Serve with tortilla chips.