1/1 Photo of Fantastic Mexican Corn and Bean Salad (Vegetarian)
This recipe makes a large amount but don't worry when you taste this you won't be able to keep your spoon out of the bowl it is *that* delicious! Plan ahead this salad *must* chill for 24 hours before serving. Adjust the Tabasco and all seasonings to taste. This is perfect for a barbecue get together or to take to a potluck!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained, you can use 2 cans if desired)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped) (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn niblets, drained (can use two cans)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (or to taste, added in just before serving)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or use Canola oil)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste or use 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste, or use 1 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste, or use cayenne pepper to taste)
- 1In a bowl whisk together, oil, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, garlic, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, seasoned salt and black pepper until well combined.
- 2Add in Tabasco or hot sauce to taste.
- 3In a large glass bowl toss together all the beans, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, corn and sliced red onions.
- 4Pour the dressing over the bean mixture; toss to coat the season with white salt and more black pepper if needed.
- 5Cover and chill 24 hours mixing once or twice during chilling time.
- 6Just before serving mix in the grape tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Mexican Corn and Bean Salad (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.6
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 224.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: