Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very flavorful marinade to use when making fajitas. I use it to marinade my skirt or flank steak, it makes the meat so tender. I think I may have originally got this repcipe from a Tyler Florence show on the FN a few years back and I put my own twist on it.
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 jalapeno (minced)
- fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- kosher salt
- pepper (fresh ground)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Using mortar and pestle, mash garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt & pepper *adjust the salt & pepper to your taste* to make a paste.
- Add lime juice, orange juice, vinegar & olive oil.
- Spread this mixture on your skirt or flank steak, cover and chill for at least 1 hour.