1/1 Photo of Fajita Enchiladas
Serve with cooked rice and red beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Heat oven to 350*.
- 2In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chicken, peppers and onion; cook about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- 4Remove from heat; drain.
- 5Stir in chiles, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- 6In bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch glass baking dish, evenly spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- 7Spoon about 1/2 chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up tortillas. Place each seam side down on enchilada sauce in baking dish, arranging in 2 rows.
- 8Pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Cover tightly with foil.
- 9Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 11Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fajita Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.6
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 107.7 mg
- Sodium 1193.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 36.5 g