1/1 Photo of Fabulous Fajitas
4 hrs 30 mins
From Taste of Home magazine. Haven't tried this, but fajitas in the slow cooker sounds interesting!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 -8 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes (optional)
- 1In a skillet over medium heat, brown the steak in oil. Place steak and drippings in a slow cooker.
- 2Add lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder, and red pepper flakes; mix well.
- 3Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- 4Add green pepper and onion; cover and cook for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- 5Warm tortillas according to package directions; spoon beef and vegetables down the center of tortillas. Top each with cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Fold in sides of tortillas and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fabulous Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.8
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 267.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 34.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: