From Taste of Home magazine. Haven't tried this, but fajitas in the slow cooker sounds interesting!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 -8 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes (optional)
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the steak in oil. Place steak and drippings in a slow cooker.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder, and red pepper flakes; mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add green pepper and onion; cover and cook for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions; spoon beef and vegetables down the center of tortillas. Top each with cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Fold in sides of tortillas and serve immediately.