Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Taste of Home magazine. Haven't tried this, but fajitas in the slow cooker sounds interesting!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 -8 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes (optional)
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the steak in oil. Place steak and drippings in a slow cooker.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder, and red pepper flakes; mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add green pepper and onion; cover and cook for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions; spoon beef and vegetables down the center of tortillas. Top each with cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Fold in sides of tortillas and serve immediately.
Love this recipe! I used 1/2 lime juice and 1/2 lemon. I will cut back on the seasoning salt a bit as I thought it was a little too salty. I'm making it tonight for the second time!
Excellent! Couldn't be easier to make. I used olive oil but otherwise followed the directions exactly. The smell was divine & they didn't let us down at the table. I prepped everything first, including the lettuce & tomatoes, then just tossed in the onion & peppers when the time came. Super easy! Thanks for another awesome recipe, Keeper! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :) http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
These were restaurant quality fajitas! I used olive oil instead of cooking oil, low-carb tortillas, and reduced fat cheese. Very yummy. DH & I both loved - thanks for sharing! :-)