1/2 Photos of Entomado De Pollo (Tomatillos and Chicken)
2 hrs 35 mins
This is a delicious recipe I found on a blog. Traditionally, the meat is beef or pork, but this recipe uses chicken. Tomatillos look like green tomatoes, but with a husk on the outside. They range from the size of a cherry tomato to the size of a clementine. You want to buy tomatillos that are firm to the touch, bright green, with the husk still close to the tomatillo. Prep time is inactive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle chicken thighs on both sides with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Marinate in fridge for about 2 hours.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion.
- 3Add chicken, skin side down. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until light brown. Turn over and cook 4-5 more minutes.
- 4If you must, drain the juice, but I highly recommend you don't so you keep the flavor. Add the tomatillos, peppers, and oregano. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Season with additional salt and pepper if desired, and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Entomado De Pollo (Tomatillos and Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.8
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 74.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 17.7 g