This is a delicious recipe I found on a blog. Traditionally, the meat is beef or pork, but this recipe uses chicken. Tomatillos look like green tomatoes, but with a husk on the outside. They range from the size of a cherry tomato to the size of a clementine. You want to buy tomatillos that are firm to the touch, bright green, with the husk still close to the tomatillo. Prep time is inactive.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs on both sides with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Marinate in fridge for about 2 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion.
- Add chicken, skin side down. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until light brown. Turn over and cook 4-5 more minutes.
- If you must, drain the juice, but I highly recommend you don't so you keep the flavor. Add the tomatillos, peppers, and oregano. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired, and serve.