These are so quick and easy and they are absolutely delicious. A real family favorite. Whenever I make tacos, I also make these, so everyone can have one of each (or more :) These reheat really good, too. You can also bake these in the oven at 350° for about 15-20 minutes.
- 8 inches flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or more, to taste) or 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded (or more, to taste)
- taco sauce (mild, medium or hot)
- finely chopped onion (optional)
- sour cream, option
- Fry ground beef until no longer pink.
- Drain and add water and taco seasoning mix.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, or until thick and saucy.
- Wrap stack of tortillas in waxed paper or plastic wrap and place on microwavable plate.
- Heat for about 45 seconds.
- Spread each tortilla with a heaping tablespoon of refried beans and about 2 tablespoons of meat mixture.
- Tightly roll up the best you can (this part can get messy).
- Place side by side in a microwavable casserole or baking dish.
- Pour taco sauce all over the tops of enchiritos and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with chopped onions and sour cream to garnish tops.
Yummy! These are so good. What a greta Mexican dish. Me and my family really enjoyed it!
My whole family loved this recipe! I agree with the reviewer that said an 8 oz. jar of taco sauce wasn't quite enough...about 12 oz. would be about right. I also doubled the cheese and baked (covered with foil) in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Will be making this again and again, thanks Karen!
These were wonderful! The only thing I like at Taco Bell are their Enchiritos, so I decided to give these a try. These were easy to throw together! I have a few suggestions that may be helpful: 1. Be sure you have plenty of sauce. Since the recipe did not specify how much, I just bought an 8 oz. jar. It was not quite enough, IMO. 2. Taco/Fajita size tortillas are fine for this, I think the burrito size is too large. Just fill with the toppings, fold one side to the center, then the other and place the seam face up in the dish. This makes for easier removal. 3. I think this dish could use a little more cheese, about 1/2 cup is good. Finally, for extra "yum", try topping with a few *sliced black olives*. This recipe is a keeper...thanks so much!