2 hrs 3 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Barefoot Beachcomber's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef, ground
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- 1Brown ground beef and large chopped onion in a large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles.
- 2Drain and return mixture to skillet. Add flour and next 5 ingredients, stirring well.
- 3Add stewed tomatoes; stir well.
- 4Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Pour 1 1/2 cups red sauce into a 13x9" baking dish.
- 6Set aside. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil.
- 7Heat at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes or until softened.
- 8Combine 1 cup chopped onion and 1 cup sliced olives.
- 9Working with 1 tortilla at a time, keeping remaining tortillas covered and warm, sprinkle 2 heaping tablespoonfuls onion-olive mixture down center of tortilla.
- 10Top with 1/4 cup meat mixture. Roll tortilla tightly, and place in prepared dish, seam side down.
- 11Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- 12Pour remaining 2 1/2 cups red sauce over tortillas.
- 13Cover and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- 14Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 additional minutes.
- 15Top enchiladas with sour cream.
- 16Red Sauce:
- 17Cook crushed garlic in butter 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often. Gradually stir in flour.
- 18Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add tomato sauce and broth; add seasonings.
- 19Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enchiladas with Red Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (700 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 899.4
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.7 g
- Cholesterol 177.6 mg
- Sodium 2543.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 49.4 g