These are also delicious if you substitute the chicken with Oaxaca cheese for a vegeterian dish
Make and share this Enchiladas Poblanas recipe from Food.com.
- Roast, peel and cut chiles into strips.
- Fry onions and garlic in a little bit of oil until tender.
- Add chile strips, corn and chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 2 minutes in medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of cream, lower heat and simmer for two more minutes. Set a side.
- Fry tortillas lightly in a good quantity of oil, just for 2 seconds on both sides so you can still fold them. Set aside.
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- Put the chicken and poblano mixture in the center of the tortilla and roll it.
- Place all of the enchiladas in a greased oven proof dish.
- Smother them with 1 cup of cream and cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and golden, and cream is bubbling.
- Serve with arroz rojo (red rice).