1/5 Photos of Enchiladas Poblanas
1 hr 30 mins
Molly Bloom's Note:
These are also delicious if you substitute the chicken with Oaxaca cheese for a vegeterian dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast, peel and cut chiles into strips.
- 2Fry onions and garlic in a little bit of oil until tender.
- 3Add chile strips, corn and chicken.
- 4Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 2 minutes in medium heat.
- 5Add 1 cup of cream, lower heat and simmer for two more minutes. Set a side.
- 6Fry tortillas lightly in a good quantity of oil, just for 2 seconds on both sides so you can still fold them. Set aside.
- 7Preheat oven at 400°F.
- 8Put the chicken and poblano mixture in the center of the tortilla and roll it.
- 9Place all of the enchiladas in a greased oven proof dish.
- 10Smother them with 1 cup of cream and cheese.
- 11Bake until cheese is melted and golden, and cream is bubbling.
- 12Serve with arroz rojo (red rice).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enchiladas Poblanas
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.7
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 186.6 mg
- Sodium 372.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 27.1 g