Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Really filling, delicious dish, mild in flavour. I came up with it when I had bought corn tortillas without a definite plan for them and then we had leftover rice from supper the night before. You could use a lb of ground beef instead of chicken, add chopped bacon to the rice mixture, or instead of tomato sauce, pour a can or two of cheese soup over the meal. You can personalize it to your own tastes. 'Hope you enjoy it.
- 6 cups leftover cooked rice
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled, cooled and cubed fairly small
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 14 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 14 ounces creamed corn
- 1 seeded diced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 25 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 680 ml tomato sauce, plain or 680 ml garlic
- 250 g shredded cheese (your favourite kind)
- Mix all ingredients together except the cream cheese. Place in large skillet or dutch oven to simmer until most ingredients are absorbed. When all is heated through, add cream cheese and heat until melted. Grease a roaster or baking pan, fill tortillas generously with rice mixture. Lay filled tortillas in pan, cover pan with lid or foil, bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Cover over with tomato sauce. Bake for another 20 minutes. Lay cheese over and allow to melt. Serve with sour cream, salsa or whatever suits your fancy.