Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom somehow came up with this sauce and she won't tell me how, but it's darn good.
Make and share this Enchilada Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 dried poblano chiles
- 4 -5 dried california chilies
- 3 -4 dried arbol chilies (these are for heat so don't add a lot if you can't handle spicy)
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 (20 ounce) can meat broth (depending on what meat you put inside the actual tortilla use that kind of broth)
- First you want to clean the dried chillies thoroughly taking out all the seeds inside.
- Second you want to put the chilies in a medium sized sauce pan with just enough water to cover up the chilies.
- After the water is in the saucepan put it over the stove on med-high heat.
- You'll know when the chilies are ready when the water is a dark red color and has a nice smoky smell to it.
- Wash and cut the tomato in half and place it in a blender along with the chilies and the water it was cooked inches.
- Add the chicken/beef broth as well into the blender. and blend thoroughly.
- Place the mixture back in a bigger saucepan and wait for it to start simmering.
- While the sauce is going into a simmer you can shred the 1 lb of cheese if you didn't buy it shredded already.
- Once the sauce is simmering add in the shredded cheese and stir.
- Pour onto your enchiladas and enjoy. :].