Diana [KKc]'s Note:
My mom somehow came up with this sauce and she won't tell me how, but it's darn good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First you want to clean the dried chillies thoroughly taking out all the seeds inside.
- 2Second you want to put the chilies in a medium sized sauce pan with just enough water to cover up the chilies.
- 3After the water is in the saucepan put it over the stove on med-high heat.
- 4You'll know when the chilies are ready when the water is a dark red color and has a nice smoky smell to it.
- 5Wash and cut the tomato in half and place it in a blender along with the chilies and the water it was cooked inches.
- 6Add the chicken/beef broth as well into the blender. and blend thoroughly.
- 7Place the mixture back in a bigger saucepan and wait for it to start simmering.
- 8While the sauce is going into a simmer you can shred the 1 lb of cheese if you didn't buy it shredded already.
- 9Once the sauce is simmering add in the shredded cheese and stir.
- 10Pour onto your enchiladas and enjoy. :].
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enchilada Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 35
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.7
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 70.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: