Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my Great Aunt Versie's recipe. I have no idea where she got it, but we have been making it for over 30 years. My dad especially loves this dish. It is very easy and very tasty.
- Fry up ground beef and onion together in a large skillet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all of the corn tortillas in enchilada sauce.
- Line 2 tortillas on the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- Cut 1 other tortilla in half and fill in the edges so that the whole bottom is covered.
- Layer the hamburg and onion mixture next, then green chiles, and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Then repeat again with the tortillas, hamburg, green chiles and 1/3 of the cheese.
- With the remaining sauce in a bowl add the can of cream of mushroom soup and mix well.
- Pour over the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly.