Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hearty dip that can be used in a variety of ways! Use with chips and sour cream for poker night. Put in tortillas and top with cheese and lettuce for a taco. Put inside tortillas, sauce, and baby spinach, and make into enchiladas! I created this recipe over the course of a few years, and think I have settled into the final version. If not, I'll likely make additions!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons oil (for refrying)
- 1 (6 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice
- With potato masher, mash black beans until smooth and creamy. You can leave some whole if you like, or mash them all. It's up to you.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in pan, on medium, or medium-low. When it's warmed through, add beans. Stir frequently, adding more oil as needed, until beans are heated through and refried bean consistency.
- Add taco seasoning, stir. Add corn, chiles, salsa, rice, and enchilada sauce. Stir, warm through.
- Serve with (tofutti) sour cream (good stirred in) and tortilla chips, or use in tacos for "meat", or use as enchilada filling!