1/1 Photo of El Dorado Mexican Casserole
True Texas's Note:
From an FFA/HERO cookbook. We love Mexican food in our house and I'm open to trying new ones all the time. This one is delicious with the cottage cheese and green chilies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 1 (3 ounce) can ripe olives, sliced
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1Brown ground beef in large skillet, stirring until crumbly.
- 2Add onion, salt, pepper, garlic salt and powder, tomato sauce, catsup and olives, mixing well.
- 3Simmer until onions are tender, stirring frequently.
- 4Combine sour cream, cottage cheese and chili pepper in small bowl.
- 5Layer tortilla chips, ground beef mixture, sour cream mixture and Monterey Jack cheese alternately in large greased casserole, ending with grated Monterey Jack cheese.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 7Serve with picante sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for El Dorado Mexican Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1073.1
- Calories from Fat 625
- Total Fat 69.4 g
- Saturated Fat 34.6 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 2242.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 66.2 g