1/1 Photo of Easy Taco Pie
This is a pretty simple Taco Pie recipe... tastes great as listed using refrigerated cresent rolls, but you could also you a pre-made pie shell as well. You can play around with ingredients to your liking as well. I have used rinsed & drained black beans, drained whole kernal corn, etc. This is fantastic served alongside some homemade guacamole and Jiffy Corn Casserole (5 Ingredients) Easy & Delicious! - perfect for Mexican night in. As an FYI: I happen to use Tostito's corn chips in the recipe, I've also made it with Frito's, but Dorito's seem to burn. * Note, I brown the ground meat with 2 teaspoons of refrigerated chopped garlic because the Italian in me just can't brown meat solo.. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups finely shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided (I buy 2 of the 8 oz. packages)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 ounces sliced pitted olives
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning (like Lawry's, Ortega or Taco Bell)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 of 13 oz. bag tortilla chips, crushed (I use Tostito's Restaurant Style)
- Pam cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees & spray pie dish with cooking spray.
- 2Line pie dish and sides of dish with cresent rolls & overlap well to fill in any gaps. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the crushed tortilla chips.
- 3Brown beef & drain. Add packet of taco seasoning & water then simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from stove & spoon meat mixture over the prepared pie dish on top of the tortilla chips. Top with sour cream, onion, and olives. Sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded cheddar and top with remaining half of tortilla chips.
- 4Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, top with remaining cheddar cheese and bake additional 5-10 minute until bubbly.
- 5* Serve with additional sour cream, guacamole, salsa, tomatoes, salsa con queso, shredded lettuce, etc. if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Taco Pie
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.3
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 186.9 mg
- Sodium 899.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 44.2 g