1/3 Photos of Easy Summer "mexican" Butter Bean Salad
This is a great, quick, fresh tasting salad with a Mexican "flair" that's easy to whip-up for cookouts or picnics or anytime you're grilling. I got it originally from gloryfoods.com, but have modified it slightly(mainly less oil, more cayenne). It's a terrifc way to use the cukes from your garden and your homegrown tomatoes could easily be used in place of the grape tomatoes. Cannellini beans, garbanzo beans or black-eyed peas can be substituted for the butter beans. Frozen vs canned is a matter of preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup canola oil or 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cilantro leaf, coarsely chopped
- 1Add garlic, oil, cumin, cayenne, lime juice, pepper and salt to large mixing bowl.
- 2Wisk well.
- 3Add all other ingredients.
- 4Mix well to coat all ingredients with the dressing.
- 6Refrigerate until chilled.
- 7Stir well before serving. Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Summer "mexican" Butter Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.1
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 991.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 8.9 g