1/1 Photo of Easy Food Processor Salsa II
A tweak on one of my top rated recipes. A thick salsa with bold flavors that's sure to please.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 large jalapenos, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 drops maggi seasoning (optional)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can Mexican tomato sauce (spicy)
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 1Cut stem end off of Roma Tomatoes and make an "X" in the skin on the other end and place in a microwave safe bowl, add a couple tablespoons of water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high about 2 minutes, until tomatoes are softened and skins come off easily. Discard skins and set aside.
- 2Put garlic, jalepeno, spices, Maggi Seasoning and lime juice in the work bowl of a 6 cup food processor with the chopping blade, and pulse a couple times until the garlic and jalepeno are minced.
- 3Add canned tomatoes and pulse about 3 times.
- 4Add Roma tomatoes, onion, and cilantro and pulse until the onion is at desirable size- 1/4 inch or so.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Food Processor Salsa II
Serving Size: 1 (1659 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.4
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1739.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mexican tomato sauce