Kozmic Blues's Note:
I wanted to make enchiladas, but had no sauce. Found this online and subbed the chicken broth for vegetable broth. I was wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat oil, add flour and stir well to combine, getting out all the lumps.
- 2Cook for about a minute.
- 3Add chili powder and cook for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- 4Add vegetable stock, tomato paste, oregano and cumin, and stir to combine.
- 5Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 6Sauce will thicken and get very smooth.
- 7Add salt to taste, and serve over your favorite enchiladas.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Enchilada Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.9
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1495.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: