Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is an easy version of my easy oven baked beef enchiladas. There is probably a recipe like this, but I didn't use one and will make it often as it turned out well. It's also very easy. My hubby was hungry for this, but I wasn't going to be home, so I threw this together about 2 pm. He got home about 6 pm and said the smell was so good, he didn't take time to change clothes. I came in about 8 pm and even tho he had turned it off, it was warm and very good. Be sure not to over-cook as it will be dry and the tortillas tough on the edges. I think 4 hours would be the perfect amount of time. Serve with warm flour tortillas and butter or chips.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (mild or hot)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheese soup (I was out of cream of chicken)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups grated cheese (I used mild cheddar)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (or make your own with chili, cumin, onion, and garlic powder to = 3T)
- 1 cup milk
- 10 -11 corn tortillas
- Brown hamburger and onion together.
- Drain excess fat and add diced tomatoes (with juice).
- Add chopped chilies and taco seasoning.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Spray inside of crock with cooking spray and place 4 corn tortillas in the bottom and spread 1/2 of the meat mixture.
- Spread 1/2 the can of cheese soup on top of meat and place 3 more tortillas on top of cheese soup.
- Pour in remaining meat mixture and place 3-4 more corn tortillas on top.
- Spread remaining can of cheese soup on tortillas and sprinkle 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheese.
- Pour 1 cup milk evenly over top--do not stir.
- Put on lid and cook on low up to 5 hours.
Good and easy! I had mine as-is, DS rolled his in a tortilla. Tons left over, and it was just as tasty as a taco filling the next day. Thanks!!!
This tasted good but pretty much disintegrated at the recipe suggested cooking time. I will make this again but only cook it 2 hours, maybe 3 max. Thanks for the recipe.
This is sooo good!! I made it exactly per the recipe, I just added a can of corn to the beef mixture! Super good and great as leftovers warmed up. I just served with sour cream and black olives. This will be a weekely staple at our house! YUMMMM!!