4 hrs 15 mins
This is an easy version of my easy oven baked beef enchiladas. There is probably a recipe like this, but I didn't use one and will make it often as it turned out well. It's also very easy. My hubby was hungry for this, but I wasn't going to be home, so I threw this together about 2 pm. He got home about 6 pm and said the smell was so good, he didn't take time to change clothes. I came in about 8 pm and even tho he had turned it off, it was warm and very good. Be sure not to over-cook as it will be dry and the tortillas tough on the edges. I think 4 hours would be the perfect amount of time. Serve with warm flour tortillas and butter or chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (mild or hot)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheese soup (I was out of cream of chicken)
- 1 1/2-2 cups grated cheese (I used mild cheddar)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (or make your own with chili, cumin, onion, and garlic powder to = 3T)
- 1 cup milk
- 10 -11 corn tortillas
- 1Brown hamburger and onion together.
- 2Drain excess fat and add diced tomatoes (with juice).
- 3Add chopped chilies and taco seasoning.
- 4Simmer 5 minutes.
- 5Spray inside of crock with cooking spray and place 4 corn tortillas in the bottom and spread 1/2 of the meat mixture.
- 6Spread 1/2 the can of cheese soup on top of meat and place 3 more tortillas on top of cheese soup.
- 7Pour in remaining meat mixture and place 3-4 more corn tortillas on top.
- 8Spread remaining can of cheese soup on tortillas and sprinkle 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheese.
- 9Pour 1 cup milk evenly over top--do not stir.
- 10Put on lid and cook on low up to 5 hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crock Pot Beef Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.1
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 129.9 mg
- Sodium 2113.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 39.4 g