1/6 Photos of Easy Crispy Taco Turnovers
These are pretty easy, tasty and are a great appetizer or snack before the football games start, or you could even add beans/rice and Margaritas for a meal! For a more South-of-the-Border taste, add some diced Jalapeno peppers or green chilies before frying these. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef (can use ground turkey if you like)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (I like mine spicy and use a little more)
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup diced jalapenos or 1 cup green chili (optional)
- 4 large wheat flour tortillas
- oil, for frying
- 1Brown together the ground beef or turkey, onion and garlic in a heavy frying pan over medium heat, until meat looses pinkness.
- 2Add salt and chili powder to meat, mixing well.
- 3Put 1/2 cup of the ground beef filling, 1/2 cup of cheese, and 1/2 cup of tomatoes onto one half of each tortilla adding your jalapeno/green chilies now if you want to use them.
- 4Fold the other half of tortilla over and press to remove any air pockets.
- 5Heat oil in pan to medium high, and when hot, place filled tortillas into the pan 1 or 2 at a time, size of pan permitting.
- 6Saute over medium high heat until golden brown on each side, approximately 45 seconds per side.
- 7Remove and place on paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- 8Cut into wedges and serve!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crispy Taco Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.3
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 123.9 mg
- Sodium 1413.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 43.1 g