1/1 Photo of Easy Chile Rellenos Casserole
1 hr 25 mins
A tasty casserole that is great for brunch for a light dinner :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (7 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 4 green onions, sliced (can use more)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (or more if desired)
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated (or more if desired)
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups milk or 4 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces of favorite salsa (can use more)
- 1Set oven to 325°F.
- 2Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- 3Split chiles lengthwise, and spread in a single layer in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- 4Combine the cheddar cheese with the Monterey Jack cheese; toss to mix.
- 5Sprinkle half of the mixed cheeses and all of the green onions over the chiles.
- 6In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, flour and salt until smooth.
- 7Pour over chiles and cheese.
- 8Bake for 50 minutes, or until done.
- 9Meanwhile, mix salsa with remaining 1-1/2 cups cheese.
- 10Sprinkle over casserole, and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- 11Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chile Rellenos Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.5
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 263.5 mg
- Sodium 710.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 29.2 g