This is such a simple dish and so pretty especially at holiday time. It's been a family favorite for years and always dissapears first when I take it to potlucks.
- Beat Half& Half with eggs and flour til smooth.
- Split open the chilies, rinse and remove seeds.
- Wipe dry with paper towels.
- Mix together the cheeses setting aside 1/2 cup cheese for the topping.
- In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish that is lightly greased layer the chilies, cheese mixture and egg mixture alternating till all is used.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the top and sprinkle the reserved cheese over the tomato sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 375 degrees.