Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Came across this recipe in a Kraft cookbook and did a few little changes. It's very simple and quick to do. It has become a regular in our house hold. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- salt & pepper
- corn tortilla strips (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan, add Olive Oil, Onion and Chicken Breast and cook till chicken is almost done and juices are almost clear. About 4 to 6 minutes. Add Garlic and Jalapeno and cook for two more minutes. Add Taco Seasoning and Water and cook till the water has almost completly evaporated.
- Once the water is just about gone , add the rest of the ingredients and heat to just before it boils and remove. Serve with tortilla strips and cheddar cheese.