You can use cooked turkey in place of chicken, this recipe can be doubled and baked in a larger casserole, also 3 large corn tortillas can be used in place of 6 small.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 corn tortillas (use the small ones for this)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons louisianna hot sauce (or to taste)
- 2 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 1/4 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 3Cut the tortillas into 6 pieces each (you should have 36 smaller pieces).
- 4Heat oil in the skillet; saute the onion and garlic for about 4 minutes.
- 5Mix the soup with the hot sauce adjusting the amount of hot sauce to taste and Parmesan cheese.
- 6Add in the chilies, mushroom soup and 1-1/4 cups EACH mozza and cheddar; cook slowly until the cheese melts.
- 7Line the casserole dish with half of the corn tortilla pieces, then top/dollup with half of the salsa about 3/4 cup) spread the salsa with a spoon as best you can.
- 8Layer HALF of the chicken on top of the salsa, then HALF of the soup/cheese mixture.
- 9Repeat the layers (ending up with the soup/cheese mixture on top).
- 10Bake for about 35 minutes, remove from oven then top with the remaining mozza and cheddar cheese, return to oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- 11Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (627 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1108.5
- Calories from Fat 598
- Total Fat 66.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.0 g
- Cholesterol 279.5 mg
- Sodium 2164.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 90.4 g