Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can use cooked turkey in place of chicken, this recipe can be doubled and baked in a larger casserole, also 3 large corn tortillas can be used in place of 6 small.
- 6 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 corn tortillas (use the small ones for this)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons louisianna hot sauce (or to taste)
- 2 1⁄4 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 1⁄4 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Cut the tortillas into 6 pieces each (you should have 36 smaller pieces).
- Heat oil in the skillet; saute the onion and garlic for about 4 minutes.
- Mix the soup with the hot sauce adjusting the amount of hot sauce to taste and Parmesan cheese.
- Add in the chilies, mushroom soup and 1-1/4 cups EACH mozza and cheddar; cook slowly until the cheese melts.
- Line the casserole dish with half of the corn tortilla pieces, then top/dollup with half of the salsa about 3/4 cup) spread the salsa with a spoon as best you can.
- Layer HALF of the chicken on top of the salsa, then HALF of the soup/cheese mixture.
- Repeat the layers (ending up with the soup/cheese mixture on top).
- Bake for about 35 minutes, remove from oven then top with the remaining mozza and cheddar cheese, return to oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.