My Private Note
small t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 cup water
- 1Wash your hands!
- 2Trim excess fat from roast.
- 3Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and rub over the entire surface of the pork.
- 4Place pork in a slow cooker. Add water until roast is approximately half submerged. Add vinegar and remaining dry ingredients to the water and stir.
- 5Place slow cooker on low and leave for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally if you can.
- 6Remove roast from slow cooker. At this stage it's easy to remove any membrane that may be attached to the surface. Shred the pork using two forks and transfer to a large frying pan.
- 7Add about half the liquid to the pan and simmer gently until most of the liquid has reduced. You want the meat to be moist but not swimming.
- 8Serve in pre-warmed corn tortillas. I add chopped tomato and spanish onion with just a few drops of hot sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dr Nick's Pork Soft Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (742 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 123.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 11.0 g