- 1 lb beef, Ground, lean
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce, no-salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard, dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, red, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tortillas, 8-inch
- 4 cups lettuce, shredded
- 12 tomatoes, cherry, halved
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook beef, onion, and 1/4 cup of green pepper till beef is brown; drain.
- Add next 7 ingredients.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Warm foil-wrapped tortillas in a 350F oven for 10 minutes.
- Spray 4 10-ounce casseroles with nonstick spray coating; press 1 tortilla into each.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 15 minutes. divide lettuce among 4 plates.
- Place a tortilla on each plate.
- Spoon beef mixture into tortillas.
- Top with remaining green pepper, tomatoes, carrot, and cheese.
Hello there, Pixie. I made this tonight for dinner and am in the process of devouring it! This was made for one serving. It is sooooo good, and good for you!! There were a few subtle changes in the recipe.... I didn't shred the lettuce or the carrot and put the lettuce in the tortilla bowl, instead of on the plate. I also didn't have cherry tomatoes, so I used 1/2 of a small tomato and sliced it in chunks... pressed for time. There were sliced black olives in the fridge, so I threw a few of those on top. On the side was, lite sour cream. Thank you for an amazing and tasty recipe! Another thing I have to add... I didn't warm my tortilla in foil. I warmed it in the microwave for 20 secs (ovens vary) and placed it in a greased small casserole dish. That was baked for about 5 min @400 F.