1/2 Photos of Deviled Egg Stuffed Avocados!
I wish I'd thought of this! This really works! The original recipe has it on a bed of red cabbage slaw, making a strong citrus component. I have posted this too, but feel free to just do the stuffed avocado. Adapted from License to Grill by ChrisSchlesinger and John Willoughby.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mashed canned chipotle pepper (or other pepper of choice)
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced small
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 avocados, peeled, cut in half, pitted and scored (cut but don't remove from shell)
- 1Place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- 2Peel the eggs and put them in a medium bowl. Add the relish, mayonnaise, chipotle, celery, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Mash together with a fork until the mix is pretty uniform. Stuff 1/4 of the mixture into the center of each avocado half and set aside.
- 3If you want to make tortilla chips:.
- 4In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil until hot but not smoking. Put a tortilla in the pan and fry, turning once, until just crisp and lightly browned, 1-2 minute. Remove to paper towels to drain and repeat with remaining tortillas. Break the tortillas into chips.
- 5If you want to make slaw:.
- 6In a large bowl, combine all the slaw ingredients and mix well. Place the slaw on individual serving plates and top with the stuffed avocado halves. Serve, passing the tortilla chips separately. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deviled Egg Stuffed Avocados!
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.1
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 280.9 mg
- Sodium 635.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: