Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An adaption of Rachael Ray's beef and bean burrito burgers with a few extra ingredients and an awesome topping. Hopefully you will find that these are ingredients you have on hand. A family favorite! I like to serve on whole wheat brioche buns or in a pita pocket for fewer carbs :)
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, mashed with fork
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4 green onions (or chives)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- chipotle hot sauce (such as Trader Joe's)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine all ingredients with your hands, be sure to mix spices around well.
- Form into 4 large patties or 7-8 regular size burgers.
- Grill burgers to desired color/temp. and top with Cilantro Sauce.
- Mince cilantro.
- Combine with sour cream and hot sauce to taste.
- Whisk in juice of one lime.