Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Based on a true story...the drama begins when my 6-year old decided to dance on a bag of tortilla chips. What can you do with a bag of danced-on tortillas? This flavorful casserole is the delicious result!
- Brown ground beef; drain.
- Add chopped onions, taco seasoning, water, and salsa.
- Stir well and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Spray bottom of 9x13 baking dish and make 3 layers of meat mixture, cheese, and chips (in that order), ending with cheese.
- Sprinkle corn over the middle layer of meat.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove foil and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, chopped green onions, sliced olives, and/or taco sauce if desired.
We had mixed reviews about this. Hubby & I liked it but the kidlets thought it was too spicy. Oh well, all the more for us. The reason for the 3 stars is because the directions are a little vague. 1. It didn't say when or where to add the corn (I added it to the meat mixture) 2. It didn't give an oven temperature (I did it at 350) and 3. It said to use a 9x13 inch casserole and to make 3 layers. Just by looking at it before I assembled it I knew that was too big of a baking dish. I used a 9x9 square and it came up perfectly.
We loved this recipe. I did not have a 6 yr old on hand so my 4 yr old daughter "danced" on the tortilla chips.