A pinch of chili gives this a nice kick, perfect in the garden with a few Mexican beers. This has a slightly Mexican flavour, combining warm chicken tossed with cumin and chili powder, kidney beans and creamy avocado. The tomatoes are slightly cooked too, so their juice bursts into the Caesar dressing as you cut into them - delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 gem lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1 ounce cilantro
- 3 Hass avocadoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 6 tablespoons caesar salad dressing (ready-made dressing is fine)
- 14 ounces red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1Mix the oil and spices in a large bowl, then use the mixture to coat the chicken.
- 2Pan-fry the chicken (without extra oil) in a large non-stick frying pan for a few mins each side.
- 3Toss the tomatoes into any spiced oil left in the bowl, then add them to the pan.
- 4Cover and cook for 5 mins more until the chicken is cooked and the tomatoes are warm and starting to soften.
- 5Meanwhile, toss the onion, lettuce, cilantro and avocados in the Caesar dressing and pile onto a large platter.
- 6Top with small handfuls of the beans and scatter with the tomatoes.
- 7Slice the warm chicken and pile on top.
- 8Serve with crusty bread or crunchy tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cumin Chicken & Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.8
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 347.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 40.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: