Easy to throw in before a busy day and it tastes great!
Make and share this Crock Pot Mexican Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- shredded lettuce
- In crock pot, whisk together the soups, water and spices. Stir in the salsa, beans and green chilies. Place the chicken breasts into the mixture.
- Cook on LOW 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken and stir in the cheese. Let cook another 30 minutes until cheese has melted and warmed through.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas and shredded lettuce. Roll up like a burrito, or serve over a bed of shredded lettuce with baked tortilla chips for "taco" salad.