Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy to throw in before a busy day and it tastes great!
Make and share this Crock Pot Mexican Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- shredded lettuce
- In crock pot, whisk together the soups, water and spices. Stir in the salsa, beans and green chilies. Place the chicken breasts into the mixture.
- Cook on LOW 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken and stir in the cheese. Let cook another 30 minutes until cheese has melted and warmed through.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas and shredded lettuce. Roll up like a burrito, or serve over a bed of shredded lettuce with baked tortilla chips for "taco" salad.
yummy, quick and simple. After reading the previous reviews I too omitted one can of soup. Family preference dictates no green chilies so I left those out too. The concept is easy and adaptable. One could easily vary the salsa, types of beans and even the meat with good results. I cannot wait to try this with pork or beef. This is a keeper!
Really yummy. I browned the chicken before putting it in the crockpot, and used fresh onions, pepper and tomato instead of salsa. I will definitely make this again!
This was our dinner tonight. I used kidney beans & pickled jalapenos, as well as adding extra chili powder, cumin & cayenne for our taste. There was a little too much liquid for our taste, so next time I'll cut this back. I served with guacamole, sour cream, extra cheese & tortillas. Thanks Lvs2Cook for sharing this recipe. Made for ZWT3 for the Floozies