Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a great crock pot meal for those busy nights. We like to serve it over rice.
Make and share this Crock Pot Mexican Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless round steak
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Mix together garlic, pepper, salt, chili powder and mustard.
- Rub on one side of round steak.
- Cut round steak into strips.
- Place in bottom of crock pot.
- Cover with onion, bouillon granules and tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Turn crock pot to high for the last half hour of cooking and add beans.
- Serve over rice.
Wanted something differant for a good sized roast I had and decided to try this. Followed the directions (even if wrong type of beef) except added some crushed garlic to it, cooked on low 10 hours and then high for the last hour, I did forget to add the beans - but made a thick gravy from the sauce and served over rice - the meat was flavored great and fall apart tender, it was enjoyed by all and we even have left overs for tonight that I've a feeling is going to be even better.
I'm surprised this has not been tried by more people. It is really good and very easy to prepare. I added a bit of salsa and a can of corn to this with the beans. I probably put in more chili and hot sauce than most would but I enjoyed it. Hope more people try it Crystal2.
Very Tasty meal - I liked adding the beans in the last half hour so they do not go mushy. My meat was frozen and in a lump when I put it into the crock pot - I had 3 pieces of steak of cut up round so after about 2 hours on low I took out the meat separated the steaks and sliced them as stated in the recipe - no problem.. I added some pasta that I had in the freezer (defrosted) along withe the beans for the last half hour, served some steamed broccoli with it and enjoyed a lovely dinner thanks to you Crystal