Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Very easy to make, just put in the crock and let it simmer all day. It's almost a weekly meal around here.
- 3 chicken breast halves
- 2 (14 ounce) cansold el paso enchilada sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese (I use mexican in the bag)
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1. Start up crock pot, put just 1/4 of a can of enchilada sauce in the pot.
- 2. Put chicken in, and pour the rest of the first can or enchilada sauce in the pot.
- 3. Let cook on Low for 7-8 hours or High for 3-4 hours. 1 hour before you want to assemble the enchiladas, take chicken out and shred it.
- 4. Put chicken back in crock with enchilada sauce and let simmer for about 30-60 minutes. (You don't have to do this, but it makes the chicken more flavorful because you are getting the sauce all over the chicken).
- 5. Pre-heat oven to 350. Pull out a 9X13 pan to put the enchildadas inches Pour enchilada sauce, just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- 6. Start assembling the enchiladas by scooping up some chicken and putting in the tortillas, topped with cheese.
- 7. Roll the filled tortillas and put in to the 9X13. Keeping doing this until the chicken is all gone or the pan is filled. ( I squish a lot of enchiladas in one pan).
- 8. Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top and top with remaining cheese.
- 9. Put in to preheated oven for 20 minutes. Just enough to warm all the way through.
These were awesome! I was a little skeptical because the recipe sounded so easy, but it made a great dinner. The meat shredded perfectly and smelled amazing in the crock pot all day. Thanks for this keeper!