Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I love crock pots, even have a small one on the boat. A simple one pot meal! Especially good served over egg noodles or rice.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Place onion, garlic, poblano and chicken breast in crock pot.
- Mix together broth, adobe sauce and cumin; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, dice cream cheese and allow to come to room temperature.
- After cooking for three hours, ladle into a small bowl approximately 1/2 cup of hot broth from crock pot.
- Whisk in the cream cheese.
- When well incorporated, add cream cheese mixture to crock pot; stirring well.
- Cover and cook on low for an additional 1 1/2 hours (or until done).
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- Garnish with fresh parmesan cheese.
Wow! This is just delicious. I made it exactly as written. I will add a little more adobo next time - I like a lot of spice. Much more sophisticated in flavor than most crockpot recipes. Thanks for posting!
Yummy!!! This was such a great supper! I might have added just a little more adobo sauce than the recipe called for but otherwise made as directed. It was spicy without being out of control. The sauce part was very tasty. Thanks for posting this great crock pot recipe! made for Newest Zaar Tag.