Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's a quick meal that can be kept in the freezer, ready to reheat & serve. The recipe is from the 2004 Healthy Latino Recipes Made with Love. NOTE: I use another one of my posted recipes, #368785, Pico De Gallo when making this!
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of pico de gallo, chopped chicken breast, corn, onion, bell pepper & cheese.
- On the stovetop or in the microwave oven, soften tortillas, then scoop a rounded 1/4 cup of filling onto each tortilla, then roll up tightly & secure each with a toothpick.
- Place rolled tortillas seam side down on a baking sheet & brush each lightly with oil.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until crisp & lightly browned.
- Place 2 or 3 taquitos on each plate & serve with a side of the remaining 1 cup of pico de gallo. These can be frozen for later use.
Made this tonight, and it was pretty good. I kind of just used this recipe as a staple and made my own chicken filling. I took 4 chicken breast put them in oven coated with chili powder, lime juice, and salt...Baked it for about 20 mins then shredded it with a fork. I added a can of green chilis and a little enchilada sauce then created finished it in the way you said to cook them. Came out goo.
These are very tasty. I made these for a quick lunch when I had leftover shredded chicken. They were delish and so simple to put together. I will make them again!
Love the lighter healthier flavor of these Taquitos. While not as crisp as fried they did crisp up quite nicely for oven baked. The tasty Taquitos were made as written using flour tortillas as that is what I had on hand, pico de gallo cruda and fat free cheese. This recipe is a true keeper and will be enjoyed many times over. Thanks for the post.