1 hr 20 mins
Melanie B.'s Note:
This is my way of making a rich & creamy Green Chili & Corn Enchilada bake...its almost "fundido" style wtih the Queso Asadero. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup asadero cheese, shredded (you can substitute with Monterrey Jack if you can't find it)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup requeson cheese, you can substitute with Ricotta
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano, dried
- 2 cups chicken, shredded rotisserie or 2 cups self roasted chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 -2 cup green chili, roasted, seeded, peeled, and sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- 4 scallions, cleaned, trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1To make the sauce:.
- 2Roast tomatillos, onion, green chilis, and garlic together in a 425 degree oven until charred and softened. Remove the skin, seeds, and stems from the green chilis.
- 3Place all ingredients in a blender and puree. If needed, season with additional salt/pepper.
- 4To make the Enchilada Bake:.
- 5In a bowl, combine Chicken, corn, onion, garlic, sour cream, and cream cheese in a bowl with a bit of salt and pepper (to season) and mix well.
- 6In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of Cheddar, 1/2 cup Queso Asadero, butter and Requeson Cheeses with the oregano and a pinch of salt & pepper to season.
- 7Spray the bottom and sides of a casserole pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 8Scoop a thin layer of the green sauce on the bottom of the pan and layer the tortillas. I often cut the tortillas to ensure that I get good coverage with little waste.
- 9Spread some of the Cheese Mixture and then the chicken/corn mixture on to the first tortilla layer. Add some of the green chilis lengthwise, ensuring that every bite will have some fresh roasted green chili.
- 10Cover with a layer of tortillas and more Green Sauce.
- 11Repeat the layering until all ingredients are gone and/or the casserole pan is full.
- 12Top with a last layer of tortillas, green chili sauce and the reserved cheese.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until heated, bubbly, and yummy.
- 14Serve by cutting into squares and topping with a sprinkle of fresh scallions and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Green Chili, Chicken, & Corn Enchilada-Style Bake
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.7
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 1443.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: