1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
This is a modified, lightened version of a recipe that I got from a friend. I cut out more than half the fat, but it is still really rich and yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese or 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 (7 ounce) can Old El Paso green chilies, chopped
- 10 wheat flour tortillas, 8-inch
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1Cut up chicken and onion in large chunks. Put chicken and onion in sauce pan, cover with water, and boil for 20 minutes.
- 2Soften cream cheese in microwave.
- 3In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, the can of chilies, and the cilantro.
- 4Drain the chicken and onion and put into a food processor and process until chunky/smooth. Combine with cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- 5Combine the enchilada sauce and soup.
- 6Coat the bottom of a 9x11 baking dish with sauce/soup mixture.
- 7Fill a tortilla with approximately 1/2 cup of filling, roll up tortilla, and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat until baking dish is full - about 10 enchiladas.
- 8Cover the enchiladas with the remaining sauce/soup mixture. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- 9Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- 10This can be made ahead and frozen.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 323.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 13.6 g